Sunday, November 20, 2011

AN OLD LETTER TO A DISTANT FUTURE

So while fixing my old files, I stumbled upon the drafts of my letters for my future family. This is actually a part of a lifeplan project that I did for Sociology class back then in junior year at UST. We had to make a whole book about our life beginning from our graduation, career, family, future and even death plans. This one's my letter to my future husband which never fails to make my friends teary-eyed whenever they read it.

Dear Future Husband of Mine,

By the time, you maybe reading this, I would no longer be able to accompany you in our long walks and star gazing moments under the big yellow moon. I would not be there by your side when you wake up in the morning and I would not be there to kiss you goodnight, most of all I wont be there to see you smile and cry and hug you when you feel afraid and weak.

Thank you for all the memories that we’ve shared together, thank you for sharing your life with me and making it the happiest days of my life.

The time has come for me to depart this world, the world will eventually get tired of me and you will get tired of me too and the letters would mean nothing. I will get tired of myself and die.. but I will never get tired of you. For you, there will be no endings. I will be like your flower in the sky and I will endure hundreds of light years until boundaries disappear. I will form new images and constellations with your images in my mind—sitting, dancing and sleeping. There will be many stars in the sky but I will see nothing but you.

I will forever hold your hand and I will say your name over and over again… you know I will never go far but there is no need for my return for I have never left.. Of all the destinations in the world, always remember that I only long to be lost in the gaze of your eyes, lost among your thoughts as you are already in mine. My life started when I loved you.. and that’s how I wanted it to end..

There is no stopping the future my sweetheart and I just want our love story to come full circle. I want it to end where I started loving you. That is to remind us that it was a good life and our love.. our love was the best. Thank you for sharing the best moments with me sweetheart. Our love will endure even when we will not—always remember that.

No comments: